All this rainy weather is making me so sleepy and cuddly. But, it is important to take a break from snuggles to walk.
The other thing I have been doing lately is thinking about happiness. Sometimes when the weather is yucky, I get in a bit of a funk. This is a perfect time to check in with myself!
First things first, make a list of things you like. Here are a few of mine.
- Watching animals on the TV
- Cuddling up on the couch
- Laying in the sun
- Getting treats
Then I go, ok-well, how can I make these things happen more often….
- I can’t really control what the humans put on TV. But, I can make the most out of each viewing of animals. I have to remain calm and not bark/jump at the TV. That way I can stay in the room.
- The couch and sun are easy to make happen. Just lay down!
- The fastest way to get a treat is to go on a walk!
If I am feeling super bummed out, I make a list of things I like about myself.
- I can touch my nose with my tongue
- Everyone thinks I am super cute
- I’m good at rolling around
- My fur is always on point
I hope this helps!